- Leaving Luke For Southeast Asia 1973 March 28, 2023
- The POWs come Home and we welcome one January 24, 2023
- Greeting the Future in Times Square December 29, 2022
- Up in the Air So Blue October 14, 2022
- 60th Reunion August 9, 2022
Join 143 other subscribers
Copyright notice- An American Family, 2013- 2023
© John Norvell
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to John Norvell and an American Family with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Tag Archives: Moon landing
Summer of ’69: How I saw the astronauts and almost went to Woodstock
Fifty years ago three major developments competed for the attention of America: The Race to the Moon, the so called “Flower Power” movement, and the Vietnam War. In that long ago summer of 1969, two would play out on the … Continue reading
Posted in American History, Norvell Family History, Washington DC Tagged Apollo 11, Flower Power, Moon landing, Summer of 1969, Woodstock 1 Comment